NTP Referenced Master Clock/Time Code Generator
Click Image to Enlarge
The ES-188E is an NTP referenced Master Clock and Time Code Generator. It displays nine digits (Day of Year, Hour, Minute & Second) of time as received via a user selected NTP server. Simultaneously, the ES-188E generates several types of time code including SMPTE LTC, ESE-TC89, ESE-TC90, ASCII (RS-232C & USB), EBU, IRIG-B and a 1PPS signal. These outputs allow the ES-188E to easily interface with new or existing computers, automation and clock systems.
Software supplied with the ES-188E permits users to continuously update a computer's Windows' clock to the time available on the USB port. Other features allow the user to select SMPTE mode (DF, NDF, EBU & Real Time), offset the Time Zone displayed and output by the ES-188E and advance or delay the time output for various synchronizing purposes.
A user may find the ES-188E particularly beneficial if: 1) The user has trouble getting a reliable GPS Signal into a facility, such as a basement or a building with metallic coating on the windows; 2) The user has trouble getting an antenna to the outside of a facility, because the cable run will be too expensive or the facility cannot be modified, which is the case with many historical buildings or 3) A facility needs to be time synchronized to a remote location through NTP, for example, universities with multiple campuses or NPR affiliate stations.
The dual battery backup provides a Coin Cell for backing up the User settings, and a Gel-Cell for a 4-hour operational backup. The ESE & ASCII outputs are operational when running on battery.
- SMPTE-LTC/EBU, ESE, IRIG-B, ASCII (RS-232 & USB) Time Code Outputs
- NTP Input Port (RJ-45, IPv6) and Optional NTP Server Output via shared RJ-45 Connector
- Supports Authentication
- 1 PPS (pulse-per-second) output
- Front Panel Nine Digit .56" Yellow LED Display
- Time Zone Offset
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time Correction
- Time Advance/Delay Feature for Synchronization Purposes
- Configuration via RS-232, USB, Telnet or Embedded Web Page(Secure & Normal)
- New PC Control Panel Software Included
- Dual battery backup (Coin-Cell & Gel-Cell)
- NTP Lock LED Indicator and TTL output
- 1.75" Rackmount enclosure
The ESE NTP Test Tool is useful when troubleshooting NTP client to server connections. Using the tool is as simple as entering the NTP server name or IP address and clicking the "Query Time" button. For downloading instructions see the Download Software page.