NTP Referenced Master Clock/Time Code Generator/NTP Server
Click Image to Enlarge
The ES-188F/NTP6 is an NTP Referenced Master Clock / Time Code Generator / NTP Server. It displays nine digits (Day of Year, Hour, Minute & Second) of time as received via a user selected NTP server. Simultaneously, the ES-188F/NTP6 generates several types of time code including SMPTE/EBU LTC, ESE-TC90/TC89, ASCII (RS-232C & USB), IRIG-B and a 1PPS signal. These outputs allow the ES-188F/NTP6 to easily interface with new or existing computers, automation and clock systems. The NTP Server capability allows clients to reference the local ES-188F/NTP6 server while being isolated from the internet.
Software available for the ES-188F/NTP6 permits users to continuously update a computer's Windows' clock to the time available on the USB port. Other features allow the user to select SMPTE mode (DF, NDF, EBU & Real Time), offset the Time Zone displayed and output by the ES-188F/NTP6 and advance or delay the time output for various synchronizing purposes.
A user may find the ES-188F/NTP6 particularly beneficial if: 1) The user has trouble getting a reliable GPS Signal into a facility, such as a basement or a building with metallic coating on the windows; 2) The user has trouble getting an antenna to the outside of a facility, because the cable run will be too expensive or the facility cannot be modified, which is the case with many historical buildings or 3) A facility needs to be time synchronized to a remote location through NTP, for example, universities with multiple campuses or NPR affiliate stations.
- SMPTE-LTC/EBU, ESE, IRIG-B, ASCII (RS-232 & USB) Time Code Outputs
- NTP Input Port (RJ-45, IPv6) and NTP Server Output via shared RJ-45 Connector
- Supports Authentication
- Universal Power Supply (90-264 VAC)
- Optional 10 MHz Reference Input - Option "EX10"
- Optional OCXO Oscillator - Option "OCXO"
- 1 PPS (Pulse-Per-Second) Output
- Front Panel Nine Digit .56" Yellow LED Display
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time Correction
- Time Zone Offset
- +/- 10 Second Offset
- Configuration via RS-232, USB or Embedded Web Page (Secure & Normal)
- PC Control Panel Software available via web download
- Coin-Cell Time Backup
- Flash memory backup of user settings
- 1.75" Rackmount Enclosure